Friday 1 June 2012

Paper dresses

I made this a little while ago and liked how it turned out ... no stamping this time but a pretty 'wedding dress' that i may enter into a swap (there are 11 other dresses to make so we will see) ... but I really liked doing this.


The bodice is card covered with patterned paper and the skirt is 2 layers of crepe paper which I've gathered and glued at the waist with a 'lace' paper over skirt. The inspiration, bodice template and directions are here ... Kellie Reynolds is one very talented lady. I've tried to do a photograph of the bodice in more detail but it's not great ... a bit foreshortened .. the dress measures 9" from shoulder to hem.



8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous - it looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - I thought it was a real dress at first glance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqui, this is sooo gorgeous! I'm so glad you are enjoying the templates and thanks for pointing me to your work. I have enjoyed this piece. ;) Happy Friday!!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab :-) Love the ATCs below too
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is stunning! lovely work. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous! It looks so real xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it is much appreciated