Tuesday 22 April 2014

Paperartsy Weekly Challenge

I haven't played along with this challenge for a while but this weeks first post by Pam Thorburn did inspire me - I have a Gelli plate and I needed to use it more.

When I woke up yesterday morning I had a VERY clear vision in my head of what this page would look like - neutral light background with the monoprint prominent and a framed floral element - this is NOTHING like that vision :-))


It has somehow ended up with my favourite but overused colour combination of blue and orange - albeit muted - the paints are all PaperArtsy Fresco Finish. I'm not really happy with it though. I do like the background and I like the die cut flowers. I've added crayon to the painted background of the flowers using Prisma pencils and I have shaded around them with Bark Inktense pencil - these work quite well.The quote has got a little lost however and makes it look a bit messy - I need to re-think my 'journaling'. I will still enter it for the challenge - if it doesn't count that's fine - the monoprint is now invisible but I like to think it has added 'depth' to the finished piece. 

Here are the original monoprints ...


... and the one I chose to work with ... Neutral, Light and all ready for that fabulous floral thing in a frame???


This is where it started going wrong - still fairly pale but it just wasn't doing it for me ...


So I ended up here after painting another sheet with those gorgeous blue and green Fresco Finish paints


Back to the drawing board I guess



5 comments:

  1. It may not have been like you envisioned it, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, those flowers are lush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful page Jacqui! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks lovely to me - you shouldn't doubt yourself so much (easier said than done lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Helen, it's lovely! I love those gorgeous flowers and the muted colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it is much appreciated